Frequently Asked Questions
ACE is a 12-week intensive program that trains cybersecurity professionals already working in the cyber sector to advance into high-demand roles related to six specializations. With direct input from Canadian employers, the Catalyst developed these program offers in partnership with our strategic training partner, SANS Institute — the world leader in cybersecurity training.
You will earn one SANS GIAC Certification based on your chosen ACE pathway along with a Certificate of Completion from Rogers Cybersecure Catalyst.
*Note: This program does not grant credits towards a degree or certificate program at Toronto Metropolitan University.
The program is offered entirely online and includes SANS OnDemand courses, a Cyber Range experience and self-study portions.
The classes are asynchronous.
The program is only offered in English.
This program is for Cybersecurity professionals who have a minimum of 1.5 years work experience in a cyber role and are currently employed in cybersecurity. You must meet these minimum requirements in order to be considered.
There are six intakes: February 2024, March 2024, April 2024, May 2024, June 2024 and July 2024. There will be no future intakes as this is a limited-time program.
The program is part-time.
Yes, we offer some career support. Learners will engage in job search coaching with access to a library of career resources and will have access to professional development seminars/workshops with industry facilitators.
There are three parts to the ACE application process.
1: Online Application – Complete and submit the online application form, including an up-to-date resume. After the initial online application has been submitted, further information including details and deadlines for subsequent steps will be provided by email.
2. Kira Talent Interview – An open-response, situational assessment.
3. Supporting Documents – Candidates are STRONGLY encouraged to provide any additional documentation to support their application. The purpose of submitting supporting Supplementary Documents is to demonstrate your potential to transition into a new cybersecurity position related to your chosen ACE pathway within 3-6 months after program completion.
Examples of supporting documents include, but are not limited to:
1. Recommendation letter from your current employer, highlighting your eligibility for a potential promotion after completing the ACE program.
2. Conditional Offer of Employment letter for a new role related to chosen ACE pathway.
3. Recommendation letter from a senior cybersecurity leader/HR leader who speaks to your eligibility for career advancement into chosen ACE pathway.
4. Evidence of additional certifications/achievements related to your chosen ACE pathway.
5. Evidence of job applications to relevant roles related to chosen ACE pathway.
6. Any other evidence that you have already been considering your next career move into your chosen ACE pathway.
**You can submit up to 4 documents.
To make changes or update to your initial application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org outlining the changes you would like to make.
The application deadlines are as follows:
Feburary 2024 Intake – Jan. 8, 2024
March 2024 Intake – Feb. 5, 2024
April 2024 Intake – Mar. 11, 2024
May 2024 Intake – Apr. 8, 2024
June 2024 Intake – May 6, 2024
July 2024 Intake – June 10, 2024
Your application will be assessed on your Kira Talent Interview as well as your supporting documents. This is a HIGHLY competitive program, with a limited number of seats. Applicants who can demonstrate their intention and potential to move into a new cyberescurity role based on their chosen ACE pathway will be given preference.
Email is the main communication channel. Please ensure that you check your email on a regular basis.
Yes, all applicants will be contacted by email during the application process.
No, you can only apply to one Pathway and one intake.
Admission decisions will be sent out approximately 2-3 weeks before the start of each intake.
You are expected to be available for the intake that you applied for. You should make every reasonable effort to ensure you apply for the intake that works with your schedule. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to defer your admission to a future intake.
No, participants must be Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents or Conventon Refugees, residing in Canada. We will also accept applications from individuals who are in Canada on Open Work Permits. You will be required to submit proof of your status in Canada.
The fee for this Program is $1000 CAD + HST.
No, the fee covers all the materials and fees required to complete the program. Please note however, the program fee covers one attempt at the GIAC Certification Exam. If you fail your GIAC exam, you have the option to re-write it at your own cost.
The payment deadline will be stated in your Offer of Admission.
No, the fee is non-refundable once you start the program.
Rogers Cybersecure Catalyst is committed to assisting applicants and students with documented disabilities. Please review our Accommodations Policy for Applicants and Students. If you have any questions about accommodations, please contact email@example.com
Please contact our Admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org.